Fresh green beans are a wonderful addition to a meal. They are much crisper than canned green beans and you can add a variety of flavors. The following recipe is the way I typically make my green beans.
1lb fresh green beans
3 slices bacon - diced
1 small onion - diced
1. Snap ends off of green beans and discard. Snap into smaller bites it you would like. Rinse green beans.
2. In a medium size sauce pan brown bacon and onions over medium heat.
3. Add green beans and toss to coat all green beans with bacon, onions and bacon grease.
4. Add enough water to cover green beans, reduce heat to low-medium and cover.
5. Cook until desired texture is achieved. We like ours fairly crispy and usually cook for about 15 minutes.
6. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!!