4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 large eggs
4 slices of Provel Cheese
3 cups Pasta Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place a piece of chicken between 2 pieces of wax paper. Using a meat pounder or rolling pin or bat or something heavy, flatten chicken to approximately 1/2 inch thick.
3. In a flat container (big enough for the piece of chicken to fit in) mix flour, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. In another bowl beat eggs.
4. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add butter and melt.
5. Dip chicken in egg wash and then bread crumb mixture. Place in skillet.
6. Cook until brown on one side and flip (about 4-5 minutes). Flip and cook other side.
7. While chicken is cooking, prepare desired pasta according to box instructions and heat pasta sauce.
8. Once chicken is browned on both sides remove from pan (I place mine of a paper towel to soak up the excess oil).
9. Mix pasta and pasta sauce, saving a 1 cup of sauce for the chicken, in an oven safe bowl or pan. Place chicken on top of pasta, cover with remaining 1 cup of sauce. Top with Provel cheese.
10. Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until cheese is browned.
11. Serve and enjoy!