Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baby Food

When Jason and I started talking about having children, there were a couple of things

that we knew for sure we wanted to do. One thing we both agreed on from the beginning was homemade baby food. For the last year I have been doing a lot of research on homemade baby food, what equipment I would need, recipes, when to start making it, etc. I have acquired several different baby food cookbooks and found lots of websites. Since Lucas is now 4 months old and we are getting close to introducing baby food, I have started the cooking process.

Equipment that I decided to use:

They make these very nice (read - expensive) baby food cookers/steamers -

Beaba Babycook Baby Food Maker. However I decided that before we made a purchase like this I would see if I could get the results I was looking for with kitchen equipment that I already have. So I will be using :

- Large Pot and lid

- Steamer Basket

- Blender

- Ice Cube Trays

Foods I plan to start with:

- Peas

- Pears

- Sweet Potatoes

- Carrots

- Apples

Each are easy to make and are recommended 1st foods. I will blog as I make each food.

*http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com - Great Resource!


1 comment: