Erica - I originally found this on Smitten Kitchen - didn't even realize what the site was.
1 pound of pasta (any kind you want - I used elbow macaroni cause that's what I had)
1 cup of frozen peas
1 lb of asparagus (See here for how to cut asparagus)
2 large red peppers or 2 jars of roasted red peppers
5 Tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 small shallot diced
1.If you are using fresh red peppers you will need to first roast them. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the peppers on a cookie sheet. Cook for 25 minutes then turn the peppers and cook for another 20 minutes. Peppers should turn black on the outside. Remove the peppers from the oven and place them in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap (this makes it easier to remove the skin later).
2. Once the peppers have cooled completely, remove the skin and the sides from the inside. Place pepper in blender or food processor.
3. Add Vinegar, olive oil, shallot, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add more vinegar or seasoning if desired.
4. Prepare pasta according to directions on the box.
5. Blanch asparagus (Boil a large pot of water. Now, place your asparagus into the boiling water. Cook until the asparagus turns a bright green. The time this will take will depend on how thick your asparagus stalks are. Count on between 2-5 minutes or so.)
6. Once pasta is completed, mix frozen peas, asparagus and dressing together (warm pasta will thaw the peas).
7. Chill, Serve and Enjoy.